Estelle Appiah is an expert in legislative drafting and peer review mechanisms with more than 29 years experience. She has drafted legislation on a myriad of topics from social policy and petroleum to financial matters. She has also taught legislative drafting to African Commonwealth lawyers and was a legislative drafting instructor with Athabasca University, Canada.
- Legislative Drafter with progressive experience at the Legislative Drafting Division of the Attorney-General’s Department of the Ministry of Justice, Accra, Ghana, culminating in the Directorship of the Division from 1st January, 2005 to March 2011, equivalent to a Justice of the Court of Appeal, reporting to the Attorney-General and Minister for Justice. Appointed as a Senior State Attorney in 1989, then as Principal State Attorney, Chief State Attorney and finally as the Director of Legislative Drafting. Expert in the drafting of substantive and subsidiary legislation on a wide range of subjects, with proven ability to write opinions, produce reports, conduct legal research and be a team leader, responsible for all legislation drafted for the Republic of Ghana until retirement in March 2011.
- Engaged in international peer review
mechanisms, proven ability to work in an international and national setting
with the highest levels of authority, experience in drafting international
- Taught legislative drafting to lawyers
from the African Commonwealth for course sponsored by the Commonwealth
Secretariat and the Ghana School of Law and taught senior public service
lawyers legislative drafting in Nigeria, Kenya, Namibia and Rwanda.
- Proven ability to plan and organise work
under pressure to meet tight deadlines, excellent communication skills, results
orientated, good managerial ability.
- Strong presentation, communication and
report writing skills.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint, Excel and Internet.
Admitted to the Lesotho Bar, 1980
Admitted to the Ghana Bar, 1976
Called to the English Bar at Gray’s Inn, London, 1974
AND LEGAL TRAINING
Leadership and Governance Training For Agencies under the Ministry of Health
Organised under the auspices of the World Bank and the Government of Ghana, Volta Hotel, Akosombo, Ghana 6th-9th June 2019.
Training as a reviewer on the UN Convention against Corruption, UNCAC
Trained as a reviewer by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, UNODC on the implementation of UNCAC to conduct reviews of state parties to the Convention, Vienna, Austria, December, 2010.
Training as an assessor on the Financial Action Task Force FATF 40+9 Recommendations
Trained as a legal assessor by the Inter-Governmental Action Group Against Money Laundering in West Africa, GIABA and the World Bank to participate in mutual evaluations of anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism regimes, Nairobi, Kenya, May 2007.
Personalised Training Programme in Legislative Law
Attached to the Mississippi State Senate, Jackson, Mississippi, USA,October
1–19, 1996, sponsored by USAID.
Advanced Diploma in Legislative Drafting
University of the West Indies, Cavehill, Barbados, 1991.
Postgraduate Diploma in Law
University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana, 1976.
M.A. In Business Law
City University of London U.K. 1975.
Post-Final Practical Training Diploma
Council of Legal Education, London, U.K. 1975.
Council of Legal Education, London, U.K. 1974.
London University, Central London Polytechnic, London, U.K. 1973.
- Legislative Drafting Instructor, Athabasca
University, Athabasca, Canada from August 2013-2016.
- Member of the team that put together the
National Anti-Corruption Action Plan 2012-2021, validated at the Second
National Integrity Conference, Accra, October 2011.
- Lecturer and Course Co-ordinator,
Legislative Drafting Course for African Commonwealth Jurisdictions, sponsored
by the Commonwealth Secretariat in partnership with the Government of Ghana,
2006, 2007 and 2008. Lecturer, Legislative Drafting Course for African
Commonwealth Jurisdictions 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Member of the Expert Review Group for the
review of the Liberia FATF Mutual Evaluation Report, GIABA Plenary, May 2011,
- Governmental expert for the Review
Mechanism on the implementation of the United Nations Convention Against
Corruption, UNCAC, country assessment of Uganda, representing the Republic of
Ghana as a State party to UNCAC, February/March 2011.
- Legal assessor for GIABA on anti-money
laundering, counter financing of terrorism in the assessment of the FATF 40 + 9
Recommendations, Republic of the Gambia, April 2008.
- International expert on human trafficking,
child victims and witnesses of crime 2006, 2007 and 2008, UNODC, Vienna,
- Member of the Ghana delegation to the UNICEF
Committee on the Convention on the Rights of the Child, Geneva 1997, 2006.
- Member of the Ghana delegation to the 36th
session of the UN Committee on the Convention for the Elimination of
Discrimination against Women, CEDAW, New York 2006.
- Chairperson of the Technical Committee on
Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism tasked to prepare legislation on
money laundering and proceeds of crime, March 2006 – December 2007.
- Member of the Committee that prepared the
National Policy Guidelines on Orphans and other Children made Vulnerable by
- Member of Committee that prepared the
National HIV/AIDs and STI Policy, 2004.
- Member of the Child Law Reform Advisory
Committee, responsible for the review of legislation on the rights of the child
that produced the first comprehensive law for children in Ghana, the Children’s
Act, 1998 (Act 560) 1995 – 1997.
- Member of the Preparatory Committee on
Independent Broadcasting that prepared the policy document for private
broadcasting services in Ghana, 1995.
- Appointed as the
Chairperson of the governing body of the Mental Health Authority pursuant to
the Mental Health Act 2012, (Act 846) February 2019.
- Appointed as a
member of the Constitution Review Implementation Committee, a five member body
of eminent persons charged with the follow up responsibilities to implement the
report of the Constitution Review Commission and the Government White paper on
the Report of the Constitution Review Commission of Enquiry, October 2012
- Led the process with the Statute Law
Revision Commissioner to review legislation for the health sector reform
project of the Ministry of Health, conducted a gap analysis and prepared new
Bills, resulted in twenty-nine Bills being prepared, fifteen re-enactments and
fourteen new Bills. Bills were subsequently consolidated into eight Bills
approved by Cabinet, conducted meetings and facilitated workshops as part of
the consultative process, 2002 – 2011.
- Assisted in the development of the Ghana
Mental Health Bill from 2004 – 2011 with the Mental Health Unit, WHO and
International consultants, drafted and presented the Bill to various
stakeholders including WHO in Brazzaville, Congo, 2006.
- Organised the First African Regional
Conference, Commonwealth Association of Legislative Counsel, Abuja, Nigeria
- Led the Ghana Legal Response Team when the
Inter-governmental Action Group Against Money Laundering in West Africa, GIABA,
conducted the AML/CFT assessment of the Republic of Ghana 2009.
- Responsible for the preparation of the
anti-corruption publication Comparative Analysis of Anti-Corruption Laws of
Ghana compared with the UN Convention Against Corruption and the AU Convention
on Preventing and Combating Corruption 2009.
- Spearheaded the preparation of the
Republic of Ghana Treaty Manual comprising guidelines for the domestic
ratification of treaties and the list of multilateral treaties ratified by the
Republic of Ghana 2009.
- Chairperson of the technical team that put
together the proposals for the Anti-Money Laundering Bill, the Anti-Money
Laundering Regulations and the Economic and Organised Crime Bill, 2006 – 2008.
- Initiated the preparation of the HIV/TB
Work Place Policy for the Ministry of Justice 2008.
- Preparation of the Legislative Drafting
Manual for African Commonwealth Jurisdictions, commissioned by the Commonwealth
Secretariat for use in the training programme for the African Commonwealth,
- Championed the Domestic Violence Act, 2007
(Act 732) when policy makers thought the provisions in the Criminal Offences
Act, 1960, (Act 29) were adequate.
- Led the consultative process for an
important social policy, human rights law, the Property Rights of Spouses Bill
that deals with law as a tool for social change in a pluralistic legal system
in Ghana to create a unified law to apply to property rights regardless of
different customary law 2007 – 2011.
- Instrumental in proposing a separate
enactment for the child in conflict with the law that resulted in the Juvenile
Justice Act 2003 (Act 653) to ensure that juvenile justice is not subsumed
under adult provisions.
- Consolidated and revised the legislation
on children as a member of the Child Law Reform Advisory Committee that
resulted in the Children’s Act, 1998 (Act 560)1995 – 1997.
- Mental Health Foundation Award in
recognition of the tireless and selfless contribution made towards the initiation,
development and enactment of the Mental Health Act 2012 (Act 846) October 2015.
- Meritorious award for the contribution
towards enhancing the destiny of the Ghanaian child, UNCRC at 20, Department of
Children, Ministry of Women and Children’s Affairs, March 2010.
- Long Service Award presented to Estelle
Appiah as the Director of Legislative Drafting by the Ministry of Justice and
the Attorney-General's Department in deep gratitude and appreciation of the
faithful, dedicated and invaluable service rendered to the nation from January
Presented by the
Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection, Mrs Nana Oye Lithur in
2016, for the instrumental role in the drafting of the legal framework for the
Affirmative Action Bill and the great commitment to advocate for the rights of
women in Ghana to ensure gender equality and their empowerment.
AND PAPERS PRESENTED
- Climate Change, Environmental Law and
Legislative Drafting. Paper presented at the Public law Center, International
Legislative Drafting Institute, Tulane University, New Orleans, USA, June 2018.
- Translating Policy into Law, Case Study of
the Social Protection Bill of Ghana.
Paper presented at
the Fifth Annual International Conference on Legislation and Law Reform,
American University, Washington College of Law, Washington DC, USA April 2018.
- The Role of Legislative Counsel in the
pre-legislative scrutiny of subsidiary legislation. Paper presented at the 4th
African Colloquium of Legal Counsel to Parliaments, Munyonyo, Kampala, Uganda,
- Corruption the Antithesis of the Rule of
Law. Paper presented at the Commonwealth Association of Legislative Counsel
Conference CALC, Melbourne, Australia. April 2017, published in the Loophole
CALC, May 2018.
- Returned Exile; a Biography of George
James Christian of Dominica and the Gold Coast 1869-1940,
Margaret D. Rouse-Jones and Estelle M. Appiah. published by the University of
the West Indies Press 2016, ISBN: 978-976-640-588-5
- Affirmative Action, Gender Equality and
Increased Participation for Women, Which way for Ghana? Paper presented at the Commonwealth
Association of Legislative Counsel Conference CALC, Edinburgh, Scotland, April
2015, published in the
Review, June 2015, Article citation: Estelle Matilda Appiah,
Affirmative Action, Gender
Equality, and Increased Participation for Women, Which Way for Ghana. June 2015 doi: 10.1093/slr/hmv016, also published in the
Loophole CALC, July 2015.
- Quality Rights and Mental Health in Ghana,
a Case Study of the Enactment of the Mental Health Act. Paper published in the
Journal of Public Mental Health for special issue on Mental Health and Human
Rights December 2013. Article citation: Estelle Matilda Appiah, (2013) “Quality
rights and mental health in Ghana”, Journal of Public Mental Health, Vol. 12
Sovereignty and the Globalisation of Law, Experience from Ghana. Paper
presented at the Commonwealth Association of Legislative Counsel
Conference CALC, Cape Town, South Africa. April 2013, published in the
Loophole CALC, August 2013.
- UNCAC Review Process and the Private
Sector, an Assessment Report. Paper prepared for the Ghana Anti-Corruption
Coalition. May 2013.
- Legislating Anti-Corruption Initiatives,
the Ghana Perspective, Presentation on West African and Community Initiatives
and Enforcement Priorities for Anti-Corruption and Bribery, the Anti-Corruption
West Africa Edition Conference, C5 Forum, Accra, Ghana June 2012.
- Margaret D. Rouse-Jones and Estelle M. Appiah.
“West Indian Patriot in West Africa:
study of George James Christian of Dominica and the Gold Coast” in Caribbean
Heritage edited by Basil A. Reid (Chapter 13:195-206). Jamaica: University of
the West Indies Press and The Reed Foundation, ix, 394p. 2012.
- Margaret D. Rouse-Jones and Estelle M. Appiah. “West
Indian Returnees and their Communities, Examples from the Gold Coast in
the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries”, in Back to Africa Volume II. The Ideology and Practice of the African
Returnee: Phenomenon from the Caribbean and North-America to Africa.
Edited by Kwesi Kwaa Prah. (Chapter 17: 380-406). Cape Town, South Africa:
The Centre for Advanced Studies of
African Society. CASAS Book Series No. 92, ix, 492p. 2012.
Analysis of the Intestate Succession and Property Rights of Spouses Bills,
the Gender Asset Gap Project, Publication of the Department of Economics,
University of Ghana, December 2011.
- The Training and Development of
Legislative Drafters in Commonwealth Africa, the Way Forward. Paper presented at the Commonwealth
Association of Legislative Counsel Conference CALC, Hyderabad, India , February
2011 published in the Loophole CALC, November 2011.
Nexus between the Trafficking and Proliferation of Small arms and Light
weapons, Money laundering and Terrorist financing in Ghana, report for the
Inter-Governmental Group Against Money Laundering in West Africa, GIABA,
- West Indian Returnees and their
Communities: Examples from the Gold
Coast: 19th – 20th
Century, Margaret D. Rouse-Jones and Estelle M. Appiah. Paper presented at a
workshop on 19th-20th century Back to Africa;
African-American and West Indian Returnees and their Communities (18th – 21st Century)
organised by the Centre for Advanced Studies of African Society , CASAS,
Johannesburg, South Africa,
- The Consultative Process in Social Policy
Legislation, the experience of Ghana in the Property Rights of Spouses Bill,
the Loophole, publication of the Commonwealth Association of Legislative
Counsel, CALC August 2010.
- Protecting the Rights of Children in
Ghana, the Legal Framework and ancillary matters, Paper presented at the
Commonwealth African Regional Law Conference, Abuja, Nigeria, April 2010.
- Lobbying as a strategy, The Mental Health
Bill of Ghana, Commonwealth Association of Legislative Counsel, CALC African
Regional Conference, Abuja, Nigeria, April 2010.
- West Indian Patriot in West Africa: A case study of George James Christian of
Dominica and the Gold Coast. Margaret
Rouse-Jones and Estelle M. Appiah paper prepared for the fourth conference of
the Association of the Worldwide African Diaspora, ASWAD, Barbados. West
- Protecting the Rights of Children in
Ghana, the Legal Framework and ancillary matters, paper prepared for Centre for
Policy Analysis August 2007.
- Legislative Drafting Manual for African
Commonwealth Jurisdictions, Commonwealth Secretariat, London, June 2007.
- Reforming the Legal and Institutional
Framework in the transformation of the African Public Services, the experience
of Ghana, Commonwealth Secretariat Meeting, Abuja, Nigeria 2006.
- Elimination of Child Labour in Ghana,
Trainee Career Magistrates Programme, Ghana Law School 2006.
- Orphans and the Vulnerable Child, related
Legal and Protection Issues HIV/AIDS, overview of existing laws August 2005.
- New and Emerging Legislation affecting Women
and Children in Ghana, paper for Gender and Development Centre, University of
the West Indies, July 2005.
- Common Country Assessment, Ghana Summary
Report on Vulnerable Groups and Protection Issues, UNICEF, June 2005.
- New Laws affecting Women and Children,
paper for the Department of Social Work, University of Ghana, March 2004.
- Interpreting the Children’s Act in the
Context of Social-Cultural Norms of Child Labour in Ghana, Protection or
Survival, the Dilemma of Legislation, paper for National Conference on
Livelihood and Migration in Contemporary Ghana, Institute of Statistical,
Social and Economic Research, University of Ghana, October 2001.
- International Law, National Law and the
Rights of the Child 2001.
- Comprehensive National Legislation on the
Child, the Ghanaian experience, paper presented at the West African Conference
on War Affected Children, April 2000, Accra.
- Child Law Reform Highlights, paper
presented at the Centre for Social Policy Studies, University of Ghana 1998.
- Juvenile Justice; the Ghana perspective:
before and after Law Reform, paper prepared for the South African Law Committee
POST RETIREMENT ASSIGNMENTS
- Reviewed and revised the draft National
Development Commission Regulations for
the National Development Planning Commission February -May 2019.
- Drafted Regulations for the Legal Aid
Commission under the Legal Aid Commission Act, 2018 (Act 977) and facilitated
consultative meetings, sponsored by UNDP, January- May 2019.
- Drafted Regulations for the Health
Institutions and Facilities Agency under the Health Institutions and Facilities
Act, 2011 (Act 829), guided the Technical Committee tasked to prepare proposals
for the Regulations and facilitated consultative meetings on the drafted
Regulations. Consultancy sponsored by PharmAccess an NGO that works towards
increasing access for the poor to priority health services and technologies in
Ghana, May 2018-May 2019.
- Assisted the Ministry of Gender, Children
and Social Protection to finalise the Aged Persons Bill by facilitating four
regional consultative meetings and a pre-legislative meeting with 3 joint
Committees of Parliament to revise the draft Bill, under the auspices of UNFPA,
Accra, October/November 2018.
- Drafted Regulations for the implementation
of the Statistics Bill for the Ghana Statistical Service under the Ghana
Statistics Development Project, January-November 2018.
- Engaged in Consultancy service with
Messrs. AB & David Law to prepare Legislative
Instrument for the Procurement Act 2003 (Act 663) funded by the African
Development Bank, under the Ghana Institutional Support Project. November
- Conducted a four day Legislative Drafting
Training Programme in Namibia for the Legislative Drafting Directorate,
Ministry of Justice, Namibia, November/December 2017 entitled Translating
Policy into Legislation, Drafting of Bills.
and redeveloped the draft Legislative Drafting manual prepared by the
Legislative Drafting Directorate December 2017-January 2018.
- Was the lead of a 3-member team of
consultants hired by the Alliance for a Green
Revolution in Africa (AGRA), a not-for-profit corporation registered under the
Laws of the State of Washington USA based in Kenya, for a Legal Services
Regulatory Review on Micro Reforms for African Agribusiness in Ghana for the
Ministry of Food and Agriculture that included an assessment of proposed Seed
Regulations, ratification of the Harmonised ECOWAS Regulations and ratification
of the Harmonised ECOWAS Fertilizer Regulations August-December 2017.
- Provided support to the Senate of Kenya to
improve its effectiveness in fulfilling its role to support devolution under
the Strengthening Institutional Capacity of the Senate Programme under the
auspices of the Westminster Foundation of Democracy.
the technical resource person in the review of the First Draft of the
Legislative Drafting Manual of the Directorate of Legal Services of the Kenya
Senate and delivered four days of legislative drafting training to legal
counsel in the Senate, September 2017.
- Resource person for the National Institute
for Legislative Studies of the National Assembly of Nigeria in a training
workshop for select parliamentary staff of the ECOWAS Parliament, National
Parliaments from ECOWAS member states, National Assembly and State Houses of
Assembly of Nigeria with financial support from the African Capacity Building
Foundation, July 2017.
- Provided Consultancy service to the Directorate of Crop Services, Ministry of
Food and Agriculture to prepare legislation to establish regulatory boards for
oil palm and rubber tree crops, February
- Engaged in Consultancy service with
Bentsi-Enchill Letsa and Ankomah to prepare Legislative
Instruments for the Lands Commission Act, 2008 (Act 767) and the Office of the Administrator of Stool Lands Act,
1994 (Act 481) under the Land Administration
Project2 (LAP-2) of the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources, funded by the International Development
Association, Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade
and Development-Canada and the Government of Ghana, 2016-2017.
- Drafted the Social Protection Bill for the
Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection
under the auspices of UNICEF, June 2016.
- Participated in the World Bank sponsored
Local Government Capacity Support Project of the Fiscal Decentralisation Unit
of the Ministry of Finance to prepare the Sector Fiscal Decentralisation of
Health and Education Financing, a Sub-Component Study, 2015.
- Ran training programmes in legislative
drafting and ancillary matters for Senior and Junior Clerks of the
Parliamentary Service, November 2015.
- Drafted the Small Arms and Light Weapons
Bill for the Commission on Small Arms and Light Weapons, 2014.
- Drafted the Affirmative Action (Gender
Equality) Bill for the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection 2014.
- Reviewed the Ghana AIDS Commission Act,
2002 (Act 613) and drafted the Ghana
AIDS Commission Bill, 2014.
- Member of the Legislative Review Task
Force of the Ministry of Local Government
Rural Development tasked to review various laws related to local government and
drafted the decentralised health and education Bills, 2013-2015.
- Lectured senior public service lawyers on
International Instruments at the Institute of
Legal Practice and Development,
Nyanza, Rwanda, November 2013 under the auspices of the Commonwealth
- Revised the Constitution (Amendment)
(Entrenched) Provisions Bill for the Constitution Review Implementation Committee, October
- Revised the Constitution (Amendment)
(Non-Entrenched) Provisions Bill for the Constitution Review Implementation
Committee, October 2013.
- Member of the Technical Committee for the
review of the Export Development and Investment Fund Act, tasked to review the
Act, subsequently drafted the Export Trade, Agricultural and Industrial
Development Fund Bill and the Regulations April-December 2013.
- Drafted the National Development Planning
Commission Regulations and the National Development Planning (System)
Regulations for the National Development Planning Commission, April 2013.
- Drafted the Economic and Organised Crime
Office (Code of Conduct) Regulations, February 2013.
- Was one of four Consultants who prepared
the revised HIV & AIDS, STI Policy for the Ghana Aids Commission, June
- Drafted the Postal and Courier Services
Regulations for Continental Consultants Ghana Ltd. Lead consultants on the
Postal and Regulatory Commission Strategic Plan, February-August 2012.
- Lectured at the Kofi Annan International
Peacekeeping Training Centre, Master of Arts Programme in Conflict, Peace and
Security. December 2011, February and June 2012.
- Drafted the Advertising Bill for the
Advertiser’s Association of Ghana, May 2012.
- Drafted the Economic and Organised Crime
Office (Operations) Regulations for the Economic and Organised Crime Office,
- Prepared a revised guide to the Whistleblower
Act 2006, (Act 720) for the Ghana Anti-Corruption Coalition, March 2012.
- Drafted the Public Procurement (Amendment)
Bill for the Public Procurement Authority, September 2011-February 2012.
- Drafted the Statistics Bill as part of the
Ghana Statistics Development Programme, sponsored by the World Bank as part of
the Multi Donor Trust Fund for the reform of the Ghana Statistical Service.
This involved a review of the legal framework of the National Statistical
Service to provide clear roles, responsibilities, reporting lines and
functions, October 2011-January 2012.
- Drafted the Narcotic Control Commission
Bill for the Narcotic Control Board, January 2012.
- Prepared a paper on the Situation Analysis
of the Intestate Succession and Property Rights of Spouses Bills as part of the
Gender Asset Gap Project of the Department of Economics of the University of
Ghana August-September 2011.
PROFESSIONAL AND VOLUNTARY ASSOCIATIONS
- International Spouses Association of Ghana, associate member
- Ghana Bar Association
- ZONTA International, ZONTA Club of Accra, May 2007 to date
- Ghana Caribbean Association
- International Federation of Women Lawyers FIDA, Ghana Branch
- Member Court of Governors, Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT 2010-2016
- Commonwealth Association of Legislative Counsel, CALC, Executive Council Member, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016
- Government nominee, West African Examinations Council. 1999 -2011
- Member, Ghana Refugee Board 2009 – 2011
- Member, Pharmacy Council 1998 – 2004
- Non-Member Director, Ghana International School Board 2004-2011
- Member Director, Ghana International School Board 2011-2016
- Chairperson of the Parent Teacher Association of the Ghana International School 1998-2001.
- Executive Member, Ghana International School Parent Teacher Association (1996-2004).
- Vice Chairperson, Legal Committee at the UNESCO General Conference 30th Session, Paris 1999.
Legal Committee at the UNESCO General Conference, 29th Session, Paris 1997.
- E.A.L.C Estelle Appiah Legislative Counsel 2011 to date
Legislative drafting Consultant, see post retirement assignments.
- Attorney-General’s Department, Ministry of Justice, Accra, Ghana 1989-2011.
Legislative Drafting Division: appointed as Senior State Attorney, retired as Director of Legislative Drafting.
Drafting of substantive and subsidiary legislation on a wide variety of
subjects, writing opinions and reports, conduct of legal research, service of
Cabinet and Parliamentary Committees, ultimately responsible for all
legislation drafted for the Republic of Ghana until retirement in March 2011.
- Court of Appeal and High Court of Lesotho, Maseru, Lesotho, Southern Africa. Assistant Registrar of Court of Appeal and High Court of Lesotho. January 1980 – Dec. 1985.
Duties/Responsibilities: Issue of Court process; preparation of Court rolls; arrangement of Court sittings; observance of Court Rules; appointment of deputy sheriffs; execution of writs; take charge of arrangements and responsible for the implementation of capital sentences.
- Kudjawu and Company, Accra, Ghana Junior Legal Practitioner, Aug. 1975 – Nov. 1977.
Duties/Responsibilities: Engaged in general
legal practice; Court appearances; preparation
of cases; drafting of legal documents; and interviewing clients.
Yoga, flower arranging, historical research for the biography of George James Christian, diaspora lawyer, businessman and politician from Dominica in the Eastern Caribbean,
the grandfather of Estelle Appiah.
Prof. E.V.O. Dankwa
Chairman of the erstwhile Constitution Review Implementation Committee
Faculty of Law
University of Ghana
Email [email protected]
Phone 0271977895, 027781528
Mrs Elizabeth Bakibinga-Gaswaga
Legal Adviser, Rule of Law Section
Governance and Peace Directorate
London SWIY 5HX
Email [email protected]
Phone +44 7825 162119